Wednesday, October 8, 2008

And one post of Maui

We were in love with Maui. We have no idea why we left the beauty of Maui for Yucca Valley. Anyway, here are some last pictures of our trip.


We went on The Road to Hana. It was so extremely beautiful. Here are some of the pictures we took as we spent the day on this long road of beauty.

The road to Hana is 52 miles of undeveloped road, 56 one-lane bridges and 617 curves. Not to mention all the beautiful waterfalls...how come I can't find a count of the waterfalls online??


Scott and I were able to leave Jacen with his Grandma and Grandpa while we took a hike down to a black sand beach. The water was warm.

We also went on a glass bottom boat. The one we booked was with the Four Winds II. Scott had his eye on it from the first day we started thinking about going to Hawaii. This adventure was so fun, another high on the list. Jacen loved it, too.


Scott and I were most excited about the opportunity to snorkel from the boat. Jacen would have more time with Grandma and Grandpa Phillips. Right when they anchored the boat Jacen fell asleep. This was the best thing ever. We didn't have to worry about him tiring out Grandma and Grandpa and getting into mischief.


I had never snorkeled before so I had the time of my life. I was so tired and hungry when we returned to the ship. Good thing we had lunch waiting for us :)

We took pictures underwater as we snorkeled. I don't think they really captured it well enough. Just believe me, it was pretty. If you really want to see some fish, I will post them later. From the ship we saw some Sea Turtles. They were so cool. The ship stopped so everyone could get pictures :)



Our Condo was really nice. Scott had his mind set on this condo from the beginning. At one point we thought it was all booked and you would have thought our trip was completely canceled :) Good thing when we called them directly they hooked us up with a room, and not just any room, but one close to the ocean. Here are some pictures of The Maui Sunset, the condo we stayed at.


Here we are having family time at the pool. Grandma snuck some pictures from our Lanai, or balcony as we call it on the mainland.


We really enjoyed being so close to the beach. We were often entertained by the people riding the ocean. Here are some pictures that try to capture how cool Kite Surfing is (we learned what it was called while watching the show Wanna Bet of all places). They would get such air that it was hard to catch them on the camera.
It was truly beautiful in Hawaii!! Well, there you have it!! You are probably grateful I am done sharing our trip to Hawaii :) It was the time of our lives. And, the best part was that Jacen was under 2 so we didn't have to buy him a plane ticket. Would you believe we got 3 seats on 2 of our 3 flights? (The plane from Oahu to Maui was a small plane anyway so we would have had to sit seperate to get 3 seats.) They fed us too :) I love Hawaiian Air :)

9 comments:

Pilgrim Family said...

Wow! your trip lookes like so much fun. Congrats on the new baby to be!! we are so excited for you guys!

Emily Hamilton said...

Your trip looks beautiful and a lot of fun! I hope to go there someday.
Congrats on your baby to be, that's so exciting! I can tell you're a great mom. What lucky kids to have you! :)

rockkinrobbins said...

So JEALOUS!! I love Hawaii..

The Bears said...

You've made me miss Hawaii and it's snowing here right now, so I doubly miss Hawaii. Not nice!

Holly said...

I obviously haven't checked your blog for awhile! WOW Stac! Way to go on posting!!! Your trip sounds sooooo fun! I hope it was worth not seeing us while we were in California:o) We'll see you soon enough though!
BTW...I've been off bedrest for a week now! And, I have NO idea why this baby keeps tricking me into thinking it's coming. That would be so funny if it was born on mom's birthday!!!
Anyways, I love all your pictures. Jacen is getting so big! Where the heck is your belly? You better have one at Thanksgiving! Love ya!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

I am sooooo jealous!

Lawther family said...

What a perfect time of year to go to Hawaii. I am glad your trip turned out so good. :) Love the Pictures.
Makes me miss Hawaii even more!

Lawther family said...

oh and HORRAY FOR THE NEW BABY!!!!!!! :)

Holly said...

Hey...I just saw your comment on our blog. The inbetween stage is hard, BUT...The outfit in the newest pic on my blog...none of it is maternity! Just a simple rubber band for the pants and a longer shirt and I'm good:o) Have you tried the rubber band yet? I love that the style now days is the longer shirt. I bought a couple shirts at Forever 21 and I know I'll be able to wear them forever cuz it's the style. I'll try to remember to send some clothes back with mom & dad. They'll be here this afternoon.
Love ya and hope you feel wonderful!