Monday, October 1, 2007

On Saturday...

We had a knock on our door. Two boys were standing there. One then says, "Coach I didn't know you lived just down the street from me." Anyway these two boys were offering to mow our lawn...kind of funny if you know about Yucca Valley. He quickly corrected himself, "I mean rake and hula hoe your yard". Okay so you are probably laughing, who rakes their dirt, and what in the world is a hula hoe (luckily the previous owners left us one). We actually found it quite humorous when we first moved here and noticed that our neighbor has a gardener, that people rake their front dirt. But boy do our trees drop so much, and the rabbit poop. I started wanting to rake our yard for the first time this summer, about July. Scott knew I really wanted it done so yippee these boys did it for us. They worked for a long time on the yard and it looks GREAT!! Here is a pictures Too bad I didn't take a before picture.
I think they worked for 4 1/2 hours (Scott tried to let them go after 2 1/2 but they said they wanted to finish). I just took this picture of another tree on our lot. It is smaller but will give you an idea of what our front looked like. What a difference, huh??



Scott also had Jacen for a guys night. It was nice to be able to to eat dinner and watch the RS Broadcast without interruptions. It was weird not to have Jacen with me though. I left the house at 3:15 and Scott and Jacen returned from watching the BYU game after 9:00pm. Jacen just loves time with Daddy.


These are two pictures I couldn't help but share. We have a few magazines that have been designated Jacen's. Here he is ripping them. He loves doing this. Maybe I shouldn't have let him do this. Soon I will have to teach him that we don't rip books...but for now it is board books anyway.


The second picture was taken yesterday. He as able to pull himself up on his toy. The bottom of his feet are on the floor. Crazy! I keep him in the same room as me now. Not only to avoid crashes and eating things he shouldn't, but to see his accomplishments. He is growing up so fast. If you haven't seen him recently, you should plan a trip. We love company :)

2 comments:

tonksfam said...

I can't believe how much hair Jacen has! Nate's hair is still fine and whispy. It will be a long time before he gets his first haircut. Has Jacen had his hair cut yet? He's so cute!

Scott and Stacia said...

Oh yes, Debi! Would you believe that Jacen has had 2 hair cuts already? There is no way we would have made it to his 1st birthday without one!