Tuesday, September 15, 2009

End of July

Scott having 3 day weekends is super nice! I was ready to spend one weekend at home doing all my "honey do list" items. This finally happened the 3rd weekend of July. However much I wanted to go to the beach I was needing a break from all our trips.

The 4th weekend of July we headed to Payson, Utah. Mike, Scott's nephew, was receiving his Eagle Scout on Saturday, July 25th. On the way we stopped in St. George and visited my Aunt Lonnie, and cousin Jen (and Uncle Don and the boy cousins too). That is where we stayed on Thursday night. Friday Jacen got to see all the animals :)

We got to make a special trip to meet Ethan Elmer. My friend Eliza had him only 2 weeks before our visit. (Brycen was just over 5 months.) I am sure their size wont be so extreme next time we visit.








Annie is only 4 months older than Jacen. They enjoyed all the visiting time, because that meant that they got to play, play, play.






We also saw Holly (my sis) and her family. We crashed at her house that night.







Then on Saturday we were off to the Court of Honor. Here is a picture of Mike and his parents.






Jacen loved the microphone. He was totally okay with being up in front of a crowd of people. Half of which he didn't even know.





Some of his cousins joined him in the fun.

It was great to see all the family. Then we were off to start the trek home. We stayed at my Aunt Betty's house in St. George on Saturday night and went to Sacrament meeting with her.






We stopped off to see my Grandpa in Vegas.

We also started a new song on all our travels to help Jacen along...it was to the tune Who Let the Dogs Out (thanks to Sea Worlds Pet's Rule). It went something like this:


Who let the dogs out, woof, woof, woof, woof.
Who let the dogs out, woof, woof, woof, woof.

Who let the pigs out, oink, oink,oink, oink.
Who let the pigs out, oink, oink,oink, oink.
one of my favorites is
Who let the rooster out, cock-a-doodle-do
Who let the rooster out, cock-a-doodle-do
lets just say any and everything Jacen wanted in the song, Scott made work.
Jacen would specify the animal and the song would go on and on, he just loved it. We were just thankful that it helped the last 30 min of our road trip. We have since used it tons :) All I can say is I am thankful for a creative husband!!

No comments: