Monday, March 9, 2009

2 1/2 Weeks already?!

I can hardly believe that Brycen is two and a half weeks old already!! Lets see, these past weeks have been filled...

-Scott is the Girls Varsity Soccer Coach, and they made it to the Playoffs. Would you believe their game was the Thursday I had the baby?? Since we had the baby at 8:01am he was able to make it to the school by 12:30pm to catch the bus and head to the soccer game. He was excited to share our good news and photos of Brycen.
-Scott took Thursday and Friday off work so he could stay at the hospital with me.
-My Parents came up on Thursday afternoon. We had my moms help for a week :) Thanks mom!!
-Jacen went potty on the toilet once a day for 4 days. Who thought you would have a baby on Thursday and be potty training your toddler Sunday. Lets just say he really wanted a Hershey Kiss.
-Brycen got his first sponge bath at home :)
-Jacen got his hair cut.
-We got Jacen's two year old pictures taken at JC Penney's. Can't wait to share them with you, they are so dang cute!!








-Scott and I took Jacen to the park. Brycen had time with Grandma at home.
-Scott and I got to go out to eat. We wnt to a Japenese Resturant that Scott has been wanting to go to for awhile now. It didn't sound good while I was pregnant. Thanks mom for letting us have a night out :)
-I got released as the Activity Day Leader on Sunday March 1st. I am still the Relief Society Secretary.
-Scott took Monday and Tuesday (March 2nd and 3rd) off from work. And just in time too. Jacen woke up at 2am with a 101.2 temp. He took care of Jacen while I took care of Brycen, those two nights.
-Then Wednesday he went back to work. I woke up to feed the baby at 4am to find that Scott was in the guest room with Jacen. Come to find out they were in there basically the whole night. What a great husband.
-We have taken many photos...here are a couple :)














-Jacen is getting over his sickness...unfortunately I got it on Thursday!! I didn't have much of a voice Friday and Saturday, and spent most of the day speachless or wispering.
-Jacen loves sports. He is always wanting to play basketball, baseball, football, or soccer. Here is a film of our great basketball player. Enjoy!!

12 comments:

tonksfam said...

Oh, my. Stacia, we have got to stop this! Or move closer so we have a better reason for doing it. That's right, we use that SAME BATH TUB! How can we keep buying the same things and having our kids at the same time when we live so far apart? Good grief, girl!

You can sure see some similarities between the boys in those side-by-side shots :) Muy Cute!

Emily Hamilton said...

Wow! Lots of events happening at your place...from sponge baths to potty training!! You're super mom! Well done! Your boys are adorable!

Megan Marie said...

He is so very sweet! Congratulations!

Rachel said...

So I had to search for your blog! Everytime you left a comment on ours I would click your name but then there would be no link to your actual blog! But I found it!!!! Congrats on the cute lil' boy! Brycen is a stud :) How is Jacen doing with him?

tonksfam said...

Happy 1st month birthday, Brycen! Tell your mommy that you need to slow down, my daughter just keeps trying to keep up with you, and I'm not ready for her to turn 1 month old tomorrow! ;)

Pilgrim Family said...

He is adorable!! Congratulations, We are so excited fou you guys!

Ali

Lacey said...

What a cutie! I can't tell who he looks more like. Anyway, yes, I made that birthday cake.... it took a while, but it was fun and so worth it. She loves bears! And yes, Medicaid will cover the whole $1000 whatever was left from the Tear Duct Probing. I didn't realize it was that expensive to have done, but Trystan was getting a lot of eye infections so they did it earlier than they plan on.

Elmer Family said...

I love his basketball hoop! My kinda kid!

beth said...

Oh the joy of having a newborn. Congratulations. Life is so busy I am sure but love them little and know that by the time they are 4-6 months, you will be into your normal routine. We wish you the best!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Brycen is so cute!I hope I get to see him when my family and I COME UP THERE TOWARDS THE END OF APRIL!
I also have a blog, call my mom if you are interested in seeing it, because it's private. utahcookielovers@blogspot.com
Brooke Anderson

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Brycen is so cute!I hope I get to see him when my family and I COME UP THERE TOWARDS THE END OF APRIL!
I also have a blog, call my mom if you are interested in seeing it, because it's private. utahcookielovers@blogspot.com
Brooke Anderson

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

Congrats on your ner edition. So adorable.