Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Last Week

I thought I would update you on some of last week’s happenings. Fist off, Jacen had his one year appointment. The poor kid was a "pin cushion" as Scott puts it. He got 4 shots/immunizations and then later in the week we had to go get his blood drawn. Did any of your kids have to do this? It was for anemia and lead. It was actually quite funny because he knew the nurses were up to no good. He kept undoing the rubberband thing they tied around his arm. Well, he is healthy and strong. He is now 21 pounds 12 ounces and 30 inches long.

On Valentines day it snowed here. Okay well this year it was
just flurries --this is my best picture of it.
hjfmhgfghff
jhvgmhjfhgfhjf
hjdffhmff







jhgchjgfh
Last year it was like this--but it did melt after 2 hours.

For Valentines Day Scott brought me to listen to a friend sing. It was really good. He got me Dove, which are my favorite by the way. Actually got one bag of Milk Chocolate and one of Milk Chocolate with Carmel....so good I tell you!! We decided to go get masages for Valentines Day so that is in the near future.


Scott's school district took Friday and Monday off, instead of two Monday's-- it was great. Actually yesterday Jacen went into our room, looked at the pile of blankets on our bed, and started laughing. I had to break the news to him, "Daddy had to go to work today". He was so sure he should still be home. It was cute. Okay not where I was planning on going with this post.....oh yes, Friday! So we were taking our car in to get oil change and electrical work done. I had Scott drop us off at Target and then he took the shuttle to meet us there. So I decided to try on some swimsuits once he got there. I was so excited about the "FAMILY" changing room. Yep, it had a picture of a DAD, MOM and CHILD. My thoughts are 'awesome....he can see the swimsuit if it looks cute without me having to show everyone else at target'. I was so excited, "Scott, would you guys like to come in, they have a family dressing room?" He says, "Sure". And then the worker goes on to tell us that is not allowed. What?? We are a family. She tells us it means that a mom can go in with her daughter, or son. Okay, LAME!! If you were going in with your daughter or son you would just look for a handicap sign, right?! You need a big dressing room--but a family dressing room should mean family, right?! Anyone else with me on this one?? Other than that Target was a good place to spend two or three hours. Jacen's favorite was the toy isle, naturally. Mine was the Valentine section, day after Valentines day = 50% off.
Well I think that is all that is worth writing about. Unless you want me to tell you that Jacen is sleeping in these days. Ever since he was an infant he would be up by 6:30 to see Scott of to work. For the last 3 days it has been atleast 8am :) I am able to get a lot done before he even wakes up. Including scripture study. I joined the Hinckley Challenge, I just joined so I have some catching up to do.
Here are some pictures from the week ;)

Toilet paper anyone???




















"My momma's chubby, my dadda's chubby, even my dog is chubby..." (oh please tell me my family wasn't the only one)










Playing with his new truck and Otter Pops. He was really concentrating.





Jacen is in this stage of squinting his eyes when he sees the camera. Our appointment at JCPenney's will be interesting :)

8 comments:

Elmer Family said...

Sounds like you had a big week! Ya not sure about the whole chubby thing-might just be your family! LOL We are coming down May 1-6th. We are flying and will not have a car-but if you are in the area you should come see us! We will be stuck in Oceanside! When are you coming here? And yes we should go eat at Max&Cheese-he will love it! Email, write or call whenever you can!

Elmer Family said...

Oh and I love the bunny in the snow pic! Way cute!

Emily Hamilton said...

Jacen is adorable!!
-Em and Brett Hamilton

Lawther family said...

Makaio is at that stage too. Every time I grab the camera, he closes his eyes and says Cheese! Too fun.
Looks like your little man has the chubby cheecks down! that is one of my boys favorite game!

Holly said...

The whole "Family Bathroom" thing...that was funny! I kind of understand why you can't ALL go in there(I'll give you reasons if you want to call me), but fully agree with you on the other end of it! Why have a picture of a family if a family can't all go in? Rules! You can't live with them, and most of us could really live without them;o) Happy day! So, sorry about playing phone tag! I don't know what happened today! And...aren't you planning on coming up soon? I want to see Jacen...I guess you too...and maybe Scott? Jacen is getting so big and is at such a fun age! Kiss him for us!

tonksfam said...

Too cute! No worries, I knew where you were coming from with the "chubby" thing. It may be a California thing, because I'm sure I learned it in school ;) Nate's aunt sent money for his first birthday so we can finally get some professional pictures for his birthday, and today he's 13 months...maybe we should actually do it, eh? You're much better than we are at the professional photo thing! I'm so glad our boys are two weeks apart, it's fun to see the similarities and differences (Nate is still not walking and still only has two teeth, but he's cute like Jacen! *giggle*).

Lara said...

I totally have your back on the "chubby family story", I grew up in Utah and we did it here too.

brittani c. said...

I've never heard the concept of a family dressing room...but I agree with you about stepping outside of the dressing room to show off your swimsuit...awkward. Here's a thought: Take your digital camera with the next time you go shopping!