Monday, November 26, 2007

Sleep Anyone??

Okay so we are probably to blame for Jacen's messed up sleeping schedule. BUT staying up until 5:40am is a bit much. For those of you who don't know, we were in Utah for the holiday. (Which was great, nothing like getting family together and enjoying a huge meal.) Well, this last Saturday we did not arrive back to my sister Holly's place until 12:30am. Jacen woke up on the way in and was not going to go back to sleep. We tried everything...and I mean everything. We nursed, we rocked, we sang, we played in the sink, we prepared a bath (but he wouldn't go in), we tried our bed and the couch, etc. We gave all the meds for those 5 teeth that are coming in. Why?? Why the crying and not sleeping!? We got up Sunday and took Jacen to Sacrament in his PJs (not wanting to bother his much needed sleep). Then on the way home to California he slept and slept and slept some more! We left Pleasant Grove at 11:00am and arrived home at 8:30pm. He only woke up right before pulling in to St. George (staying awake for our 2hr visit) and then again an hour before pulling in the driveway. Then he stayed awake until 5:40am. I was so relieved when his playing started to slow down and he started to get fussy. He fell asleep :) Only sleeping for 3 hours....but at this point I will take what I can get. I am tired but at least I got most the laundry done from our trip, clipped coupons, and ate ice cream :) Hopefully another nap is in the near future...I sure am sleepy.

14 comments:

rockkinrobbins said...

Been there done that!! At least he wasn't sick too.
Glad you had fun.

Laura said...

That's the kind of update I was waiting for. Ha! Glad you had a good trip. Are you staying at home for Christmas or doing that again?

Holly said...

Sorry you've been so tired! It's hard after a long trip to get back to normal! It was fun having you up here!! And...really...we didn't hear a thing the night he was up till the weeee hours of the morning! Hopefully by now you're rested!?! Can't wait for March to see you again! Love ya!

Keri_B said...

Travelling with little ones is so fun!! I hope you get some rest. For me, that's the hardest part of being a mommy...I do love my sleep!!!!

erika said...

i sure hate those kind of nights! makes you feel not human at all! glad you guys had a good time in utah!

Elmer Family said...

Oh my goodness!! Has he gotten better? Crazy! Thanks again for coming to see us! We loved having lunch with you guys!

Holly said...

Ok...I really think you need to be posting more often...so...I tagged you:0) YEP! Tagged ya again! Check my blog for the info!

Laura said...

Are you still asleep?

Scott and Stacia said...

Laura you crack me up!! No one is asleep here. Actually that might be the problem...had Jacen taken an afternoon nap I would have had time to post. He played in his bed for 45 min before I got him up. Just trying to get all the Christmas stuff done :) I will post soon I promise :)

Scott and Stacia said...

Oh and thanks Holly for the tag...I don't even have time to update on what we are doing...uuggg!

Anonymous said...

Make time woman:0) I just want to hear more from you! How 'bout this... You are exempt from this tag...IF and ONLY IF you will post more than once every 2 weeks! DEAL???????? Did that make you happy?

Megan Marie said...

haha thanks for your comments! I want to see more of your little guy!

Laura said...

*peeeeeer presuuuuuuure*

Scott and Stacia said...

Okay, I gave in!!! Still working on more :)