Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Brother comes to visit


My brother, Joey (who now goes by Joe..and I can't seem to call him that for the life of me), and family came to California for a visit. We met up with them (on April 25th) at Old Town. It was really fun. Scott had never been before and I have not been for a really long, long time.

Joey bought Mexican candy for everyone to try. It brought me back to the days in the mission field. They were hard mango candies covered with chili powder. I was surprised that Scott shared it with me. The inside is so good! Yum! After Old Town we all headed to Seaport Village.




Then we all went to church with my parents on Sunday, followed by a family dinner. With a 2 1/2 hour drive back home we had to leave the festivities a bit early. But really enjoyed our weekend.

These two pictures are Joey with Scott and Jacen at Old Town and Richelle, Joey's wife, with Brycen at my parents house. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the kids.
(Richelle did you get any??)







While at my parents house, Jacen had a little incident including stairs, a porcelain dish, and his hand. Well, how to start this story... Jacen really enjoys my brother, Chuck's dogs. He was walking this porcelain water dish up the stairs to the dogs on the patio. He would try to force them to drink it. If they didn't he would just pour it out and go get more. I told him not to get wet...and well he was 100% dry, so I let him continue (BAD IDEA). After about a half hour of him doing this (us watching from inside) he screams. I find him on the last stair arms out in front of him, the dish shattered...and blood all over one of his hands. Thankfully Scott knew just what to do. The family was all at the Street Fair when it happened and well lets just say we never made it(as we were planning to meet up with them after I nursed the baby). This is a picture of Jacen's hand 5 days after the incident.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you forgot to tell how you told me the candy was soft and that i should bite it... that really hurt!
lol

Mikayla

Richelle said...

We had so much fun seeing you guys...thank-you SO much for making the trip! I'm not sure what pictures I have. My next blog is going to be Boston, and then California...so hopefully I've got some of all of the kids together! If I have any good ones, I'll email them to you!